Awards and Publications
Since 1999, Carlos L. Esguerra has received multiple national and international awards and recognitions for his works in photography. Here are his most recent awards:
· November 2017, Recipient of Luminous-Landscape Endowment's 'The Greater China Grant'.
· August 2017, Honorable Mention, "Laguna de Bay-3774", Salmagundi Club Non-members Photography Competition, New York, NY.
· August 2017, Honorable Mention, "Calatrava" series, Architecture and Bridges category, Gala Awards 10th Pollux Competition, United Kingdom.
· June 2017, Silver Medal, "Taos Mountain-4152", category Sky, non-professional, 2017 Prix Photografie Paris (Px3), Paris, France.
· June 2017, Silver Medal, "Olmsted Point-5103', category Trees, non-professional, 2017 Prix Photografie Paris (Px3), Paris, France.
· October 2016, "Special Photographer of the Year", non-professional category, 2016 International Photography Awards-Philippines (IPA-PH), New York, NY.
· October 2016, Gold Medal, "Calatrava-Dallas-5185", Architecture: Bridges; Gold Medal, "Fall Colors of Acadia-0039-16", Nature: Seasons; Gold Medal, "Calatrava-Valencia (Series)", Special: Night Photography; Silver Medal, "Palouse Sunset-1089", Nature: Sunset; Silver Medal, "Central Park-0321", Nature: Seasons; Silver Medal, "Filipina (Series)", Fine Art: Nudes; Silver Medal, "White Sands (Series), Fine Art: Landscape; Bronze Medal, "Calatrava-Valencia-8947", Architecture: Bridges; Bronze Medal, "Central Park Twig-4673", Nature: Other; Bronze Medal, "White As Snow", Nature: Trees; non-professional category, 2016 International Photography Awards - Philippines (IPA-PH), New York, NY.
· November 2015, "Dr. Jose P. Rizal Awardee for Excellence in Arts and Literature", Order of the Knights of Rizal - New York Chapter, New York, NY.
· September 2015, Gold Medal: 'Flatiron Building-0717', Architecture-Historic; Gold Medal: 'Empire State Building-0949', Special Night Photography; Silver Medal: 'Lily-1642', Nature-Flowers; Silver Medal: 'Manhattan Bridge-8817', Architecture-Bridges; Silver Medal: 'Flatiron Building-0717', Architecture-Buildings; Bronze Medal: 'Empire State Building-0952', Architecture-Buildings; Bronze Medal: 'Empire State Building-0952', Architecture-Cityscapes; Bronze Medal: 'Gathering Seashells-3615', People-Lifestyle; Bronze Medal: 'Death Valley Dunes-9440', Nature-Landscape; Honorable Mention: 'Coron Walkway-6439', Abstract. non-professional category, 2015 International Photography Awards - Philippines (IPA-PH), New York, NY.
· June 2015, 'Death Valley Dunes-9440', Third Prize, Peoples Choice Award; and Third Prize, Nature-Earth category (Non-professional), 2015 Prix de la Photographie Paris (PX3), Paris, France.
· February 2015, Honorable Mention, 'Chrysler Building-8369', Cities, F2 Cities 2015, f2 Sociedad Fotografica, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
· July 2014, Bronze Medal, 'Death Valley' monochrome series, Fine Art - Landscape (Non-professional) category, 2014 Prix de la Photographie Paris (PX3), Paris, France. The images will be exhibited as part of the Arles Foto Festival in Provence and an exhibition in Paris.
· July 2014, Recipient of the 2014 Puffin Foundation Ltd. Grant for his project "Coron".
· June 2014, 'Distinguished Alumni Award in Culture and the Arts', University of the Philippines Alumni Association, Diliman, Quezon City - Philippines.
· September 2012, Honorable Mention - 'Gehry - Disney' series, Architecture: Buildings (Non-pro) category, 2012 International Photography Awards, Los Angeles, CA.
· September 2011, First Prize and Second Prize - 'Calatrava-Valencia' series, Night Photography (Non-pro) and Architecture: Bridges (Non-pro) categories respectively, International Photography Awards, New York, NY.
· September 2011, Honorable Mentions - 'Calatrava-Liege' series, Architecture: Buildings (Non-pro) and Fine Art: Abstract (Non-pro) categories, International Photography Awards, New York, NY.
· February 2011, 'Ani ng Dangal' Award, granted by the Republic of the Philippines through the National Commission on Culture and the Arts, Manila, Philippines.
· November 2010, GMC Medal - 'NY Skyline - 6364', Color - My Best category, 7th Swabian International Competition, Kirchheim/Teck, Germany.
· November 2009, Honorable Mention - 'White Sands 0404-4214', Color: Open category, 5th Main Spessart International, Veitshöchheim, Germany.
· March 2009, First Prize - 'Olmstead Point 0606-37', White, Black & Shades of Gray, South Shore Art Center, Cohasset, MA.
· January 2009, Year 2009 Awardee of the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs / Greater New York Arts Development Fund "Individual Artist Support".
· December 2008, 'Pamana ng Pilipino', highest award given by the President of the Republic of the Philippines to overseas Filipinos, Malacañang Palace, Manila, Philippines.
· November 2008, Honorable Mention - ‘HK Boat Lanterns-9391’, Color: Nature, Scapes, and Architecture category, 5th Swabian International - 2008 German Mega Circuit, Kirchheim/Teck, Germany.
· June 2008, Named into Master Class 'Plus' Artist status by the American Juried Art Salon, Dallas, TX; http://www.artjury.com/MCPlus.html.
· February 2008, Urban Artist Initiative/NYC Fellowship Finalist in "special recognition for the quality of his work" by the Queens Council for the Arts, New York.
· November 2007, Award of Merit - 'Spring Blossom-1824', Photography category, American Juried Art Salon, Dallas, TX.
· October 2007, PSA Best of Show Gold Medal - 'White Sands 1102-05', Color: Nature, Scapes, & Architecture Theme, 4th Veitshoechheimer Foto Salon - 2007 4th German Mega Circuit, Veitshöchheim, Bavaria - Germany.
· April 2007, Third Prize – ‘White Sands' series, Nature/Landscape category; 2007 Prix de la Photographie Paris, Paris, France.
· March 2007, Top Ten winner, ‘Mangrove Family-9080’, The Earth category, 2006 Image International, Photo Life Magazine, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
· December 2006, Honorable Mention – ‘Nipa Hut On The Sea-9132’, 113th Toronto International Salon Photography Competition , Toronto, Canada.
· October 2006, PSA Best of Show Gold Medal - ‘White Sands1102-02’, Nature Digital category, 3rd Swabian International - 2006 German Mega Circuit, Kirchheim/Teck, Germany.
· October 2006, Honorable Mention – ‘Dakini’, 1st Filderstadt Photo Competition - 2006 German Mega Circuit, Filderstadt, Germany.
· May 2006, Gold Medal – ‘Baklad-5342’, Salon 1 – Monochrome Prints (General), Trierenberg Austrian Circuit, Linz, Austria.
· February 2006, Second Prize – ‘Dakini’, Colors of India Competition, Outdoor Photographer, Los Angeles, CA.
· October 2005, First Prize – Color, ‘Look Up – New York’, 12th Annual International Photography Competition, American Institute of Architects – Miami, Coral Gables, FL.
· September 2005, Award of Excellence, ‘Dakini’, Fall 2005 National Juried Exhibition, The American Juried Art Salon, Dallas, TX.
· June 2005, First Prize, ‘Solitario’, 2005 Annual Juried Photography Exhibition by Non-Members, Salmagundi Club, New York, NY.
· May 2005, Winner of 2 Gold Medals - 'Yellowstone Tree 0105-30' (Trees) and 'Santa Fe Art Institute 0404-08' (Architecture); 4th Special Themes Competition - Trierenberg Super Circuit, Linz, Austria.
· January 2005, Best of Show, Artist Profile Award winner, and an exhibition at Manhattan Arts International Gallery, 'White Sands1102-02', Small Works 2005, Manhattan Arts International, New York, NY.
· March 2005, Top 10 Winner, ‘Solitario’, Call of Nature Category, 2004 Image International, Photo Life Magazine, Toronto, Canada.
· Interior Design Magazine, July 2007 issue, New York, NY
· Photo Life Magazine, March 2007 issue, Toronto, Canada
· Hasselblad Camera V-System Product Catalog 2005-2006, Goteborg, Sweden
· Photo Life Magazine, March 2005 issue, Toronto, Canada
· Best of Photography Annual 2005, Serbin Communications, Santa Barbara, CA
· Best of Photography Annual 2004, Serbin Communications, Santa Barbara, CA
· Hasselblad Austrian Super Circuit Catalog, Linz, Austria, November 2004
· Spa Magazine, March/April 2004
· Popular Photography & Imaging, January 2004
· Photo Life Magazine, March 2003
· Hasselblad’s FORUM Magazine, 4/2002 Issue
· Shutterbug magazine December 2002